17 May 2006

Hic.... hic....HIC!

I'm a qualified Irish whishkey tashter.....
.... I got the sherficitate to prove it.... hic!!


On one of our day trips north Tommy took me to see the Old Bushmills Distillery. We decided to do the guided tour so we could get a good look at the inside workings... no photos of that I'm afraid, due to the alcohol fumes we couldn't have any electronics ons. Of course if you took deep enough breaths..... ahhhh luffly luffly luffly!!

At one point during the tour the guide asked for volunteers... I had no idea what it was we were volunteering for but figured - what the heck! Boy did I score! As part of the ticket price you could taste one of their range of whiskeys at the end of the tour but I lucked out and got a lesson on the finer points of whiskey drinking. We got to sample 3 of the bushmills whiskeys and compare them to scotch and bourbon.... as well as our allowed sample.... phhhooooaaarr! Luffly luffly luffly!!

The only problem was acclimatising to the real world outside again!

2 comments:

kaya said...

NO!! could do with some now... midnight in Kuala Lumpur.... Insanity!!!
Love, J

Anonymous said...

I was going to say that it's been a while since we heard from you and that were you still hungover. But I see you've changed islands so you're forgiven. See you Queens birthday.